Killing Eve is a British-American spy drama and dark comedy based on the Codename Villanelle novella series by Luke Jennings. The first season debuted on April 8, 2018 on BBC America. The series consists of three seasons and has been renewed for a fourth.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Eve is a bored, whip-smart security services operative whose desk-bound job doesn't fulfill her fantasies of being a spy. Villanelle, is a talented killer who clings to the luxuries her violent job affords her. These two fierce women, equally obsessed with each other, will go head to head in an epic game of cat and mouse, toppling the typical spy-action thriller.
Episodes[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Episode Guide
Cast[edit | edit source]
Main Cast[edit | edit source]
- Sandra Oh as Eve Polastri
- Jodie Comer as Villanelle
- Kirby Howell-Baptiste as Elena Felton
- Fiona Shaw as Carolyn Martens
- Kim Bodnia as Konstantin
- David Haig as Bill Pargrave
- Sean Delaney as Kenny Stowton
- Owen McDonnell as Niko Polastri
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes and trivia[edit | edit source]
- Luke Jennings came up with the title for Killing Eve as a description of Eve's evolution
- "Eve" is not just a character's name but also a stand-in for all women according to Executive Producer Sally Woodward Gentle: "it is called Killing Eve but also Eve is all women, so what does that mean?"
- The series was announced on November 15, 2016.
- Season Two was announced on April 5, 2018, just a few days before Season One premiered.
- Season Three was announced on April 8, 2019, just a day after Season Two premiered.
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge was head writer for Season One
- Emerald Fennell took over as head writer for Season Two 
- Suzanne Heathcote took over as head writer for Season Three
References[edit | edit source]